Procedures for Requesting Physical Plant Services (After Hours)
For Physical Plant services Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (except University Holidays) call the Physical Plant at 3-4400.
After hours call in should be restricted to issues that could be a potential threat to life, safety, or cause excessive property damage. If the dispatcher is in doubt as to the critical nature of a reported problem, they should proceed with contacting the appropriate Physical Plant staff.
*You must be granted access to see this information. Please contact Gary Saak to obtain access.
Physical Plant Uniform Guidelines
This Physical Plant uniform policy became efffective 08/04/2014.
The Physical Plant requires employees in the blue-collar and technical units to wear uniforms provided by the Physical Plant. Uniforms provide instant recognition as employees work around campus. Physical Plant issued shirts and pants are mandatory but if pants are not issued a clean suitable replacement pair may be worn.
These guidelines are in accordance with Article XII, Sections 4&5, pages 99-100 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Each employee will be issued up to 6 shirts in any combination (button front in short or long sleeve, T-shirts in short or long sleeve, short sleeve polo’s or smocks). Shirts will be replaced on an as needed basis. Worn shirts must be returned. The Physical Plant work shirt is only to be worn during work hours.
- Physical Plant issued pants are optional but if issued must be worn.
- Physical Plant pants will be brown or a denim material.
- Each employee will be issued up to 5 pairs of pants (if they are requested). Pants will be replaced on an as needed basis. Worn or damaged issued pants must be returned.
- Shorts can be worn in those units where they are allowed (Mail Center/Warehouse, Custodial, Grounds) but must be neat and clean and pass the supervisors’ approval.
Employees have the option of choosing tan or light blue smocks. Smocks will be replaced on an as needed basis. Worn or damaged issued smocks must be returned.
- Shoes or boots must be worn by all employees - staff or student. The type of shoe/boot is dependent on your work unit. Open toed shoes are only allowed in the office area.
- If you work in a unit that requires the wearing of steel toed shoes/boots for student or staff there is a reimbursement policy that outlines the payment limits for both student and staff. See Renell Richter at the dispatch (4400) desk for this information.
- If a student is hired to work in a trade unit they will be issued up to 5 T-shirts for their use while they are employed at the Physical Plant. Students are responsible for the laundering of their shirts. When their employment ends at the Physical Plant the shirts must be returned. Shirts must not be altered in any manor, including the removal of sleeves.
- All employees’ attire must meet with Physical Plant standard quality and color.
- Managers should turn in all orders for new or replacement uniform garments to Renell Richter at the dispatch (4400) desk.
- Campus Supply will coordinate all purchases with vendors.
- The Physical Plant will require the return of issued uniforms when the employee leaves employment at the Physical Plant.
- The wearing of uniforms is required during working hours (including scheduled overtime) unless employee’s supervisor has approved prior arrangements.